The journey to digital transformation
The age of Digital Transformation is upon us. Businesses, in order to stay competitive if not merely in business, must transform. With the infrastructure of cloud and mobile now in place, it’s easier for smaller more agile businesses to create a niche profitable business from a slice of a larger business. Facebook, Airbnb, Netflix, and Uber are just the start. Customers have almost unlimited choice, are constantly connected and have the power to bury a business with social media. For a business to be truly innovative, they must have the wherewithal to disrupt their own business.
We work with companies to understand how technology can help them to innovate to serve current and future customers, employees and partners better, and how they can develop and build their confidence in new digitally-enabled ways of doing business. We have 4 objectives that spans Digital Transformation.
Cloud Computing & Hyperconnectivity
- Hyper-connectivity describes the rapid growth of interconnectedness between people, devices, and technology. For a start it is predicted that they will be 20 billion connected devices by 2020. People have access to more data and information than ever before, and they have the ability to develop and maintain more social and business connections across the globe than at any other time in history.
- Cloud technology is a great equalizer for organizations, whether a company is a huge enterprise or a small start-up. Companies of any size can now access technologies that may have been previously unattainable, such as advanced predictive analytics, and jumpstart their ability to disrupt. Business have number of choices to make for their cloud deployments. They can choose from - Private Cloud, Community Cloud, Public Cloud and Hybrid Cloud.
Data, APIs & Analytics
- Data and Analytics encompass the collection, management, and interpretation of internal and external data on a large scale that can be used to dramatically alter or improve organizational performance.
- Well, Gartner states that digital business will disrupt all industries and will drive radical changes in the applications that companies run to operate, stay relevant and prosper. And that APIs are at the core of enabling application transformation for digital business, providing access to functionality and data from existing applications to the new digital business applications.
- We are all familiar with apps and digital experiences that are addictive like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Spotify or apps we simply can’t do without such as Whatspp, Skype, Yelp or Evernote. As consumers, we experience some of these apps as seamless: we are delighted, addicted to some of them or at least have become dependent on these experiences to save us effort and time. Digital consumers’ new purchase processes are having a profound impact on how businesses need to interact with them. The businesses must deliver consistent & omni channel services through out the customer journey.
- Successful Digital Transformation comes not from creating a new organization, but from reshaping the organization to take advantage of valuable existing strategic assets in new ways. It’s not that the concept of innovation is new. Businesses have always had to adapt to survive: technologies change, customer expectations change, and competitors catch up and pose a threat. But what is new is the pace of innovation, which has accelerated exponentially thanks to the potential that’s been unlocked by digital technologies.
APIs Hold Key To Digital Transformation
"In a larger sense, APIs are the secret sauce to becoming digital, that is, to transforming business so that innovation can happen at a faster pace, so that barriers to change are reduced, so that many more people can contribute to your company’s success, and so that you can create better products and defend yourself from the competition.” -Forbes
APIS ARE THE NEXT FRONTIER FOR THE ENTERPRISES
|In the last couple of years we have seen apps becoming important but APIs are actually becoming more important. The API model is at the core of a cloud-based delivery model and at the heart of the connected business of tomorrow.||
|Digital Natives or aka ‘born on the Internet’ companies thrive using an API-centric approach to easily integrate their services and data from the web and establish a longer term model to become a platform leader. Companies like amazon, eBay began their API efforts over 10 years ago as they sought opportunities to simplify the way their partners onboarded new content; then online search companies looked to integrate their services, such as maps and keyword searches, into other websites to extend value of these services.|
APIs: Driving the connected apps revolution
Over the past 10 years, the rise of cloud computing and Platform as a Service (PaaS) has been a critical factor in enabling businesses to innovate quickly without the complexity of working directly with APIs or on-premise systems. Developer-focused APIs are still present, but largely managed, upgraded, and improved by cloud service providers.
|Cloud growth has also led to APIs playing a more critical role in the connected business. Companies such as Salesforce.com encourage business users to create their own apps by providing access to enterprise-grade services such as workflow, approvals and even data models.|
|This rise of business developers has unlocked a wave of innovation throughout organizations. Departments are no longer reliant on IT departments who are too busy managing existing systems — often made, ironically, by poorly defined or overly complex APIs — to deliver projects.|
|Mobile and the rise of the app economy has opened the API floodgates creating entirely new possibilities, first for the consumer and now for businesses. The inherent nature of mobile as context-aware and connected with the Internet spawned new businesses based around geo-location, new opportunities for businesses to market their products and new ways that employees could stay in touch with their business or even re-invent them altogether.|
True potential of APIs is to unleash an entirely new era of communication where every device in your home, your car and even your clothing is connected, sharing data and delivering insights back to business, in real-time, from billions of devices around the world. And we haven’t seen anything yet. We’re just in the early stages of the connected app revolution.
API management has emerged as a key enabler to digital transformation. The biggest disruption that Digital economy powered by API has been seen in Media, entertainment, Telco & e-Commerce industries so far. In the coming years will see all other enterprises across different vertical industries participating in the growing API economy, including as API providers focused on driving innovation via partner and third-party developer ecosystems. Standard API management platforms provide the much required security, governance, and performance management framework to ensure that enterprise API initiatives stay on track and deliver competitive advantage to enterprises embarking on digital transformation initiatives.
Talk to us and we can asses and help you with leveraging your existing APIs or create new APIs. Discover More